Become a PRSA Detroit Chapter volunteer!
Looking to broaden your network, meet new people, learn a new skill, enhance your education, give back to new professionals? PRSA Detroit members find value in taking an active role. As a gateway to the Detroit area’s leading communications professionals, serving at the Chapter level of PRSA Detroit yields lasting and meaningful connections.
CHAPTER LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Please contact committee chairs to inquire about volunteer opportunities.
- Assist members who wish to earn their Accreditation in Public Relations (APR).
- Mentor and oversee preparation sessions.
- Program Planning – Select speakers, organize agenda, handle promotional materials.
- Venue – Select facility, menu and table arrangements; coordinate room set-up and equipment.
- Ticket Sales and Sponsorship – Solicit sponsorships, coordinate corporate tables and individual ticket sales.
- Manage production for PRSA Detroit’s “On the Record.”
- Create, edit and post content.
- Work with contributors and sponsors.
- Program Planning – Coordinate and execute annual Ofield Dukes Diversity event;and additional acitivites, as appropriate.
- Program Planning – Coordinate and execute an annual ethics event.
MEMBERSHIP AND HOSPITALITY
- Program Planning – Coordinate and execute networking events.
- Member Outreach & Engagement – Create touchpoints with current, future and lapsed members to help drive engagement with emphasis on PRSSA students and new pros.
- Member Hospitality – Register and greet guests at meetings.
- Program Planning – Identify topics and handle arrangements for speakers, venues, catering, etc.
- Program Promotion – Prepare program invitations, meeting announcements, newsletter articles and social media posts.
- Coordinate, plan and schedule the annual PRSA Detroit Strikes for Scholarships, and other revenue-earning events for the chapter’s scholarship program.
- Coordinate selection of Hall of Fame and Robert Hefty Distinguished Service Awards.
- Promote activities, events and members via social media channels through engaging and value-add content.
- Develop and maintain www.prsadetroit.org.
- Implement special web-based projects for committees, as needed.
Other ideas on how to get involved? Contact Nancy Skidmore: firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 545-6499