Job Code: 9098
Positions: Unaffiliated Public Relations Assistant
Posting Date: 06/04/2015
Deadline Date: 06/18/2015 12:00 PM (noon)
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field
• 1–3 years agency experience preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Solid editing and proofreading skills
• Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proficient in InDesign and Photoshop
• Experience in digital photography and videography
• Punctual, proactive and resourceful work ethic
• Comfortable communicating in-person, via phone and through technology with diverse publics
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
* Create and edit news releases, web stories and other informational articles under the
direction of the public relations manager.
* Develop and maintain professional contacts and affiliations with news media.
* Prepare and disseminate information regarding the District through print, television, radio
and other forms of media.
* Attend and photograph events for use on website, publications, etc.
* Publicize school and District events through newspaper advertisements, flyers, Internet
postings, emails and other channels
* Implement social media initiatives. Build capacity via social media outlets.
* Write and design the District’s weekly newsletter.
* Assist with the development and publishing of annual publications: Know Your Schools
newsletter, Annual Folder and Top Scholars.
* Update district website, using Foxbright content management system.
* Work with Public Relations Manager to develop, execute and evaluate communications plans.
* Assist in planning, organizing and implementing district-wide events.
* Receive and process incoming calls from staff and external publics.
* Maintain electronic files, databases, mailing list, etc.
* Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein
To Be Considered the following must be received by 12:00 p.m. (noon), Thursday, June 18, 2015:
Apply on line at www.southfieldk12.org (go to “Human Resources/Job Openings External” and follow the prompts to complete the online application), include the following:
a. A letter of application outlining preparation, experience and special competencies for the
position and reasons for interest.
b. A current resume detailing qualifications and experience