By: Megan Peterson
Kicking off the new year, PRSA Detroit and IABC Detroit recently gathered at ROAK Brewing Co. for some good old-fashioned networking. Approximately 50 members took part in a tour of the brewery, ate delicious pizza and then mixed and mingled!
Why is networking important? PRSA Detroit is one of the largest chapters in the country and the more opportunities to interact and build relationships across southeast Michigan the better!
Many thanks to the ROAK owners John Leone and Chuck Mascari for being gracious hosts/providing tours and to Jason Brown of PublicCity PR.
Stay tuned for the timing of our next networking event!
Fun Facts About ROAK Brewing Co.:
- The tap room (where we all networked) is only about 10-20 percent of the business; distributing/selling make up the majority of the company’s sales.
- ROAK makes its beers with a lot of local ingredients.
- Some of the ROAK facility is used to assist a local cider mill.
- The brewery has been open less than a year, and you should go check it out.
- Twitter Handle: @RoakBrewing
Megan Peterson is a Communications Executive at MCCI (Mort Crim Communications, Inc.), a Detroit Economic Club Young Leader member, a national/Detroit chapter member of PRSA and a PR volunteer for The Lake House in St. Clair Shores.