By: Megan Peterson
Unfortunately, sometimes, we run into leadership who don’t understand and/or prioritize PR at their company. We’ve compiled 5 tips to help you in your determination to show off why PR is crucial, at any company.
- Patience. PR/marketing may be something they have NO experience with. Having patience is key to making sure leadership understands the value of PR in their company. Which brings us to our second point…
- Education. Go to PRSA meetings, share your findings with your team/leadership. Send articles that are meaningful to the company, that tie-in the importance of PR. Be the in-house subject matter expert and educate your leadership.
- Persistence. Don’t give up. Keep the conversation going about PR. Write business cases as to why your company should invest in PR resources and/or tools. Encourage others to attend PRSA events with you. The more exposure you provide, the more likely
- Have a plan. Create a marketing plan or vision that you think would be valuable for your team, department, and/or the company as a whole. Ship it around, explain how it could be beneficial. Be relentless.
- PLUG: contact PRSA/your local chapter if you need assistance.
Good luck getting your leadership on board with PR! Let us know if we can help you!!
Feature photo by Max Pixel