The Detroit Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) was established in 1945 and is now the premier organization for Southeast Michigan public relations professionals. As one of the largest PRSA chapters, we serve as a gateway to public relations professionals by providing educational and career opportunities for nearly 400 local members – from students to seasoned professionals – who represent business and industry, agencies, solo practitioners, associations, non-profit organizations and government entities.
Our long-standing commitment to education of professionals and students, is the reason why we offer invaluable programming that includes conferences, professional development sessions, a consistently strong accreditation (APR) preparation program and extensive New Professionals’ development, along with a number of other supportive activities.
Did you know that PRSA-Detroit:
- Oversees the student chapters of PRSSA for Wayne State University, Eastern Michigan University and the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
- We offer protégé mentoring program, job shadowing, internship opportunities and an awards program for rising stars
- Each year we award two $2,000 scholarships to Michigan students; more than $46,000 has been awarded to date
- We offer an annual minority student scholarship fund ($2,000) in cooperation with WSU’s Journalism Institute for Minorities program
- We offer member groups such as New Professionals, Automotive Council, Senior Council and Multicultural Affairs that meet professionals’ specific needs
- We recognize members’ outstanding contributions to the field and service to the chapter through our annual Hall of Fame and Robert Hefty awards
- We attract more than 2,000 members and guests annually to our many activities