Become a PRSA Detroit Chapter volunteer!
Looking to broaden your network, meet new people, learn a new skill, enhance your education, give back to new professionals? PRSA Detroit members find value in taking an active role. As a gateway to the Detroit area’s leading communications professionals, serving at the Chapter level of PRSA Detroit yields lasting and meaningful connections.
CHAPTER LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
Please contact committee chairs to inquire about volunteer opportunities.
- Assist members who wish to earn their Accreditation in Public Relations (APR).
- Mentor and oversee preparation sessions.
- Program Planning – Select speakers, organize agenda, handle promotional materials.
- Venue – Select facility, menu and table arrangements; coordinate room set-up and equipment.
- Ticket Sales and Sponsorship – Solicit sponsorships, coordinate corporate tables and individual ticket sales.
- Manage production for PRSA Detroit’s “On the Record.”
- Create, edit and post content.
- Work with contributors and sponsors.
- Program Planning – Coordinate and execute annual Ofield Dukes Diversity event;and additional acitivites, as appropriate.
- Program Planning – Coordinate and execute an annual ethics event.
MEMBERSHIP AND HOSPITALITY
- Program Planning – Coordinate and execute networking events.
- Member Outreach & Engagement – Create touchpoints with current, future and lapsed members to help drive engagement with emphasis on PRSSA students and new pros.
- Member Hospitality – Register and greet guests at meetings.
- Program Planning – Identify topics and handle arrangements for speakers, venues, catering, etc.
- Program Promotion – Prepare program invitations, meeting announcements, newsletter articles and social media posts.
- Coordinate, plan and schedule the annual PRSA Detroit Strikes for Scholarships, and other revenue-earning events for the chapter’s scholarship program.
- Coordinate selection of Hall of Fame and Robert Hefty Distinguished Service Awards.
- Promote activities, events and members via social media channels through engaging and value-add content.
- Develop and maintain www.prsadetroit.org.
- Implement special web-based projects for committees, as needed.
Other ideas on how to get involved? Contact Nancy Skidmore: [email protected] or (248) 545-6499