“Diversity is often framed as a ‘challenge’ that we must overcome. But it’s time to look at it as an opportunity to learn.”
Matthew Seeger, Ph.D., dean, College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts at Wayne State University
PRSA Detroit’s diversity committee aims to:
1. Provide members with educational and professional diversity programming.
2. Diversify the PRSA membership and areas of chapter participation.
3. Share diversity focused content for members and visitors of interest.
Want to get involved? We’d love to hear from you!
Eastern Michigan University
Contact TaQuinda to learn more about committee opportunities or to share any diversity-related programming ideas.
Read more about what the Diversity Committee has been up to on the PRSA Detroit Blog, On The Record.
- Michigan Roundtable for Diversity and Inclusion
- Pew Research Center – Millennials: A Portrait of Generation Next
- The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Reference Guide
- Affirmations – a community center for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people and their allies
- PRSA National Diversity Committee
- Weber Shandwick Diversity Survey: Presented at the 2012 Michigan State Conference