The work of diversity and inclusion is never done. PRSA Detroit, and its dedicated Diversity Committee, is committed to ensuring there is diversity and inclusion among our board, committees and membership. From race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, culture, age, gender, gender identity, and diversity of thought, we at PRSA Detroit are dedicated to providing not only programming but also diversity and inclusion educational resources, speakers and more, via our events and all our channels (blog, social media, etc.).
In honor of this work, we have adopted the following mission statement:
The Diversity & Inclusion Committee of PRSA Detroit seeks to create an environment that is inclusive of all races, ethnicities, religions, sexual identities and more, in order to expand PR and communications about each of these communities.
- Michigan Roundtable for Diversity and Inclusion
- Pew Research Center – Millennials: A Portrait of Generation Next
- The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Reference Guide
- Affirmations – a community center for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people and their allies
- PRSA National Diversity Committee
- Weber Shandwick Diversity Survey: Presented at the 2012 Michigan State Conference