- This event has passed.
COVID-19 UPDATE | PIO and the RIGHT TO KNOW — POSTPONED
March 12 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
DTE Energy and Wayne State University have made the very difficult decision to postpone the 3rd Annual PIO and the Right to Know Crisis Communication Summit scheduled for Thursday, March 12 at Wayne State University due to concerns related to the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus.
While this decision is disappointing to us all, the health and safety of our staffs, presenters and attendees is our top priority.
We are working with organizers to reschedule the summit for a date later this year and will notify you as soon as that date has been set. We will notify members of the new date. If you are unable to attend at the rescheduled time, you receive a full refund for your registration fee.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We look forward to bringing this event to PRSA Detroit members at a later date and time.
Registration is now open for Detroit’s third annual crisis communications summit, “The PIO and the Right To Know”. Thursday, March 12, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Wayne State University, Student Center Building, 5221 Gullen Mall, 2nd Floor, Detroit, Michigan.
No charge parking will be available on campus at WSU. Look for Summit event parking signs that will point out where to park.
The day-long event will give attendees invaluable guidance from crisis communications experts, and a chance to network with PIOs from across Michigan.
Keynote speakers include Melissa Agnes, a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management and brand protection.
Other sessions include social media management and brand protection during a crisis, post-crisis strategy and a case study critique. You’ll also be given an opportunity to ask crisis communication specialists questions on best practices.
The summit’s impressive lineup of panelists and speakers include:
- Mark Geary, Director, External Communications and Media Relations, Beaumont
- Sara Meisner, Senior Vice President, Current Global Detroit
- Judy Davids, Community Engagement Specialist, City of Royal Oak
- Jim Thorburn, Social media director, Allen Park Police
- Annalise Frank, Reporter, Crain’s Detroit Business
- Heather Catallo, Reporter, WXYZ
- Bill Nowling, Partner and Managing Director, Lambert & Co.
- Jessica VanderKolk, Communications Manager, City of Battle Creek
- Shira Good, Director, Communications & Service Standards, Bloomfield Hills Schools
- Will Orlewicz, Esq., CIPP, Principal, Relic Law PLLC
- Bisma Parvez, Reporter, Detroit Free Press
- Robin Schwartz, Video storyteller, Robin Schwartz PR
- Rob Davidek, Program Director, WWJ
The PIO and the Right to Know is presented by Wayne State University and DTE Energy.
$35 – PRSA Members
$50 – Future Members