- This event has passed.
The PIO and the Right to Know – Detroit’s Crisis Communications Summit
March 11 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Registration is now open for Detroit’s third crisis communications summit, The PIO and the Right to Know!
For safety and in compliance with Michigan’s COVID-19 guidelines, this event will take place virtually on Thursday, March 11 via Microsoft Teams from 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. The half-day event will give attendees invaluable guidance from crisis communications experts, and a chance to network with PIOs from across Michigan.
Our highly anticipated keynote speaker is Melissa Agnes, a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management and brand protection.
Other sessions include: Leading a crisis across agencies, Data Breaches, Working with the Media, Brand Reputation and Moving on After Crisis.
The Summit’s impressive lineup of panelists and speakers include:
- Kimberly Gill, Anchor, WDIV Channel 4 News
- Mark Geary, Director, External Communications and Media Relations, Beaumont Health
- Sara Meisner, Senior Vice President, Current Global Detroit
- Will Orlewicz, Esq., CIPP, Principal, Relic Law PLLC
- Matthew Seeger, Professor & Dean, College of Fine, Performing, and Communication Arts, Wayne State University
- Jessica VanderKolk, Communications Manager, City of Battle Creek
Space is limited, so register now to reserve your spot!
The “PIO and the Right to Know” is presented by Wayne State University and DTE Energy.