Website McConnell Communications
McConnell Communications is hiring for the position of account manager. We are looking for someone who stands out for creativity, the ability to work independently, strong writing and organization skills, and an affinity for connecting with people. This position blends in-person work and telecommuting.
Our firm has built street cred over the last 17 years by delivering solid PR, marketing, political consulting and crisis management services to our clients, using the best practices for community engagement and traditional and new media management. We are in the market for a person who can straddle some or all those worlds, and who also enjoys imparting knowledge about those best practices to others. As we are a small but nimble firm, being a self-starter and having a comfort level with working independently are musts. We engage often with the public, whether it be reporters, our clients or community stakeholders. Do you readily picture yourself doing that? To succeed in this role, you must of course possess strong writing skills, an affinity for lifelong learning and the capacity to multitask.
- A. in Communication/Marketing/Public Relations/Journalism/Political Science or equivalent experience
- Experience: Prefer at least 1-2 years of traditional media relations/community engagement/political consulting
- Technical expertise: Must know how to use either a Mac or PC and type at least 65 WPM. Must be adept at MS Excel and PowerPoint. Google docs/Dropbox/Social media knowledge preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain short- and long-term customer relations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Must be able to travel as needed (own transportation required).
Please email your résumé and at least two writing samples and/or relevant case studies to [email protected]