Allstate Insurance Company
Company: Allstate Insurance Company
Job Title: Public Relations Intern – Summer/Fall 2015
Position Type: Internship
Location: Farmington Hills, Mich.
The Allstate Corporation is the nation’s largest publicly held personal lines insurer. A Fortune 100 company, Allstate sells 13 major lines of insurance, including auto, property, life and commercial. Allstate is widely known through the “You’re In Good Hands With Allstate®” slogan. Allstate has more than 12,000 exclusive agencies and financial representatives in the United States and Canada. Our high performance environment is fast-paced and encourages individual accountability and innovative thinking.
Allstate is seeking an intern for its Corporate Relations department for the Winter/Spring 2014 term. The position is based out of the North Central Region office in Farmington Hill, Mich. The intern will support media relations and internal communications programs.
The position requires flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties supporting projects in media relations, executive positioning, employee and insurance agent communications and marketing.
This is a paid position and will require a minimum of 20 hours per week (negotiable), preferably for three months. Start dates can vary depending on student schedule, as early as March 17, 2014.
Duties include, but are not be limited to:
- Writing, editing and proofreading press releases and newsletter articles
- Creating media coverage reports
- PR events assistance
- Researching selected topics (e.g. reporters, community organizations, event costs) for program implementation
- Fulfilling other programmatic and administrative functions as required
- 1-2 years experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including Associated Press style writing
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Twitter, Facebook; video editing experience a plus)
The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills with special attention to detail and an interest in creative writing. Proven ability to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently with minimal supervision; ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks within deadlines; demonstrated willingness and ability to work independently and on a team in a cooperative, problem-solving capacity; research experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with an interest in public relations and communications careers along with prior related work experience.
Please submit applications to [email protected]. Writing samples are requested, particularly pieces relating to news media relations, articles written for publication, or other public relations individual projects.