About the Organization
Stratacomm is an independently owned, full-service strategic communications agency that helps clients raise awareness, enhance reputation, shape policy and build market share. With current offices in Washington, D.C. and Detroit, Stratacomm is one of Washingtonian’s 50 Great Places to Work! in 2019, one of PR News’ Top Places to Work in PR and also one of Metro Detroit’s 2018 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For.
Stratacomm is currently seeking a well-rounded assistant account executive to join its account team servicing a major automaker. This opportunity is for a passionate PR/communications professional with a minimum six months of experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing discrete projects and the ability to juggle multiple client projects and deadlines simultaneously. Candidates should also have strong writing skills with a working knowledge of AP Style.
Candidates should be self-starters and resourceful problem solvers who enjoy fast-paced work and are dedicated to delivering results.
Due to the pandemic, our employees are currently working remotely. Once our physical offices re-open, this position will be located in Detroit, MI or Washington, DC. We seek candidates who are currently within commuting distance of these locations.
- Monitor traditional news media and social media for a range of client topics utilizing agency tools, providing real-time, weekly and monthly reports, as needed.
- Write news releases, backgrounders, media alerts, blog posts, fact sheets, newsletters, agendas, email correspondence and media pitches.
- Manage discrete media relations activities for clients, including media list building, uncovering placement opportunities through strategic story development, generating positive coverage in traditional and online media publications and monitoring for coverage.
- Demonstrate the ability to extract insights and summarize data.
- Maintain regular contact with clients and build understanding and knowledge of clients’ business.
- Demonstrate understanding of various research methods; coordinate internal resources in implementing research projects.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least six months of experience
- Highly organized team player with effective time management skills
- Superior verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Media relations knowledge and experience
- Exceptional writing skills with strong knowledge of proper grammar and AP Style writing
- Strong attention to detail with ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Creative thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong desire and ability to contribute to the firm’s growth, marketing and business development
- Knowledge of social media trends and experience with social media tools
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook
Stratacomm is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status in employment.
As a client service organization, we ask a lot from our people, but in return we offer an inclusive, collaborative place to work, with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. People enjoy the opportunity to grow personally and professionally and are recognized and rewarded for bringing their best efforts forward each day.
For more information, visit stratacomm.net.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.myapps.paychex.com.