Website Detroit Public Schools Community District
Job Title: Content Supervisor (Program Supervisor)
Salary Details: $71,324 – $88,346
Job Type: Administrative
Benefits Eligibility: Successful candidates will be eligible for competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, as well as generous illness and/or vacation days.
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent, Office of Communications
In accordance with the agreement between the Organization of School Administrators (O.S.A.S.) and the Board of Education of the School District of the City of Detroit, Article 6.4, Promotion Procedure, the following vacancy is announced.
Join Detroit Public Schools Community District. We are rebuilding Detroit’s public schools, and we are looking for top talent ready to work toward our mission. We educate and empower every student, in every community, every day, to build a stronger Detroit.
Help us achieve our vision. All students will have the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to thrive in our city, our nation, our world.
Become a DPSCD leader. DPSCD leaders put students first. They demand excellence and inspire greatness. They model integrity and tenacity. They advocate for equity and provide unparalleled service to our students and their families. They are transforming our schools, our district, and our city.
The Content Supervisor is responsible for researching, developing and creating content aligned with the Blueprint 2020 strategic plan. He or she will be charged with crafting messages and expanding the “students first” narrative, attracting district homepage web-site traffic and social media followers, and changing the perception through compelling story telling and visual aids. We communicate with students, families, staff, community members, business leaders, clergy, elected officials, and the media to name a few key stakeholder groups that do not yet know about the extensive transformation happening in our classrooms and schools across Detroit. Our goal is to communicate a unified message of who Detroit Public Schools Community District is and how we are working to educate and empower students through public education.
We have limitless opportunities to disseminate positive news, lead education reform discussions and influence policy changes to better serve our students. As a major contributor to our content strategy, development and dissemination, the Content Supervisor will help us realize our vision and ultimately have a cadre of ambassadors to assist in spreading the message as public education crusaders for DPSCD.
- The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent attention to detail both for line editing copy and consistency in style and tone across all messaging platforms.
- Experience managing an editorial calendar for a media publication or marketing team and producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge through social media and podcasts.
- Experience building audiences either online or offline.
- Ability to project manage, which means juggling multiple projects simultaneously and work well under press of deadlines and changing priorities.
- A BA/BS degree required. Preferred experience or degree in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism.
Position Job Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Asst. Superintendent of Communications (or designee), the Content Supervisor will:
- Manage creative assets and content for Detroit Public Schools Community District’s Office of Communications.
- Contribute to the production and delivery process of various media channels and outlets for the District’s web home page, intranet, social media, traditional media, district school outlets, and Central Office departments.
- Work with internal teams to develop research-based content for the development of op eds, long-leads and guest columns.
- Daily update with Asst. Superintendent of Communications on status of content and on-going opportunities for saturation.
- Liaise with various Central Office Departments and Schools.
- Work with project managers to maintain tracking documents to be shared among internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the planning and organization of site visits, press conference preparation and new projects.
- Manage content and ensure it has been properly vetted, when necessary, through legal and compliance.
- Coordinate with teams for the collection and distribution of raw elements from partners and schools (graphics, news clips, photos, videos, etc.)
- Manage the archiving of finished materials, concepts and pitch documents that come from both external and internal partners to keep continually up-to-date.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to collate details on finishing and delivery of content.
- Participate and contribute to creative content brainstorm sessions.
- Manage the production of external newsletters and content to deliver to media partners, schools and vendors
- Build and manage robust content/editorial calendar that speaks to our various key stakeholder groups including, partners, schools and vendors.
- Monitor and track industry news and identify areas where the District will serve as a subject matter expert.
- Manage external content creation for district offices and schools.
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with our district’s tone and mission
- Create and develop template resources for schools as they share their stories.
- Refine the external newsletter to key stakeholders, grow our subscriber based by providing regular, helpful content to create ambassadors
- Manage the “good news” ticketing system
- Collaborate with internal and external departments and partners i.e. marketing, enrollment, Human Resources, Family and Community Engagement, etc. to produce relevant content that meets the needs of our various audiences and key stakeholders to articulate the district key messages, priorities and core values.
- Complete other duties as assigned
If you are a current Detroit Public Schools employee, presently employed with the district, you do not have to submit a fee related to obtaining the Detroit Public Schools security clearance, unless your new role requires a different type of security clearance.
If you are hired to fill a vacant position, you will be required to submit a Detroit Public Schools security clearance. At point of offer to hire, you will be responsible for a non-refundable payment of $64.50 via Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover Card, cashier’s check, or money order, payable to the DPSCD Police Department. No personal checks or cash is accepted.
Method of Application:
Applicants must apply through the online application system. Only applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position and all applications require a resume to be considered.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Teaching service outside of the Detroit Public Schools Community District must be verified by the applicant’s prior employer(s) prior to hire. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email at [email protected] or phone at (313) 873-6897.
DPSCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender identity, disability, age, religion, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions opportunities. Contact the Civil Rights Coordinator for more information at (313) 240-4377 or detroitk12.org/compliance.
To apply for this job please visit careers.detroitk12.org.