Website Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Responsible for developing, writing, editing and proofreading content for a variety of highly visible internal and/or external communications as well as developing short and long-term strategy and communication plans to include objectives, targeted audiences, delivery channels, and metrics to achieve organizational goals.
- Participate in planning and execution of communication materials on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to include speeches, presentations, blogs, talking points, memos, alerts, newsletters, presentations, social media, video and audio scripts, and webcasts that are informational and drives engagement.
- Foster ideas and solutions that enhance how internal and/or external audiences connect with the organization through the CEO.
- Determine and coordinate research needs, review and analyze data to assist in the development of communication strategies and messages for predetermined target audiences.
- Support the creation of the strategic communication plans, including identifying audiences, segmentation, and guidance on communication channels and timelines.
- Contribute to the development of the social media strategy and identify and execute initiatives to increase engagement through social media channels, often measured in followers, shares, likes, and comments.
- Recommend strong storytelling opportunities by reviewing and interpreting initiatives and establishing influence internally and externally to tell the story.
- Proofread internal and external communications content for clarity, tone, style and grammar to ensure they are high quality and results oriented.
- Collaborate with business leaders, communication team members and functional leadership to align communication plans with CEO plan.
- Develop, coordinate and track Executive Communication project tasks to keep projects on their development plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field is required.
- Six (6) years of professional communications experience is required.
- Previous experience with communications strategy and planning, research surveys, or focus groups is required.
- Previous experience working in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Proficient in copywriting, editing and written communications skills.
- Advanced oral communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong multimedia technology skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships within the organization and community.
- Ability to comprehend complex company documents, procedures and policies and distill these into easy-to-understand content.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Those who are interested can contact Beth Utton at [email protected].