Franco is looking for an Integrated Communications Specialist to join our team and grow their career with us.
The role is primarily focused on supporting a series of integrated accounts and performing day-to-day tasks such as program management, client relations, writing, media and influencer pitching, story mining, researching, reporting and staying in the know of relevant industry topics. The candidate will have their hands in all aspects of our work with the goal of keeping accounts running efficiently and effectively while ensuring the team is communicating, organized and successful. This role will cross multiple industries including B2B, B2C and non-profit.
Aside from keeping the team on track, the right candidate will need to be a strong writer who is knowledgeable in public relations, event planning and social media. The candidate will have communications skills, a mastery of organization and be self-directed to succeed.
- Writing and editing content – blog posts / social media content / press releases / fact sheets / briefing documents / bylined articles
- Identify and anticipate trends and story opportunities, and work with teams to craft pitches and story angles
- Plan and organize client events
- Create, monitor and update contact lists – media / influencers / community partners
- Coordinate distribution of news materials to local, trade, national and global media outlets
- Compile data and analytics; develop client reports
- Create and maintain status documents, activity reports, presentations and summaries
- Attend meetings, participate in brainstorming, develop agendas and recaps/notes
- Conduct research
- Monitor client and/or agency-related news as directed; distribute coverage and reports (occasional rapid response required)
- Work on multiple projects with accelerated timelines while maintaining close attention to detail
- Foster and maintain professional relationships with clients and the community
- Embrace and embody the Franco culture and standards of excellence
Required Experience and Attributes
- Minimum two years’ experience (including internships and full-time positions)
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, marketing, journalism or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Strong writing skills, including an understanding of AP Style and the ability to develop engaging content on complex or technical topics
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks in an environment where guidelines and deadlines often change
- Experience developing and implementing integrated communications plans across the PESO Model (paid, earned, shared and owned media)
- Be an ambitious learner, idea generator and hard worker
- Able to act decisively in ambiguity
- Positive attitude
- Able to shift focus and prioritize quickly
Who We Are
Franco is an integrated communications agency that builds strategic programs for B2B and B2C clients in a variety of industries with a local, national and global reach. Our integrated programs include a wide range of PR, marketing, digital and creative services. We thrive on the principles of traditional public relations while embracing the combination of data driven, people powered integrated communications. Our team skillfully combines analytics and insights with relationships and instinct to build multi-faceted communications programs that define leaders, innovators and influencers in Detroit and around the world. That’s the Franco difference.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a resume and a statement of interest that provides us more insight about you, along with any related portfolio samples, to [email protected] with “Integrated Communications Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
All interviews are being conducted virtually and all positions are working remotely until at least September 1, 2021 with a flexible set-up to be determined.
Franco is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.
For more information, visit www.franco.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.franco.com.