Website Winning Futures
Join the Winning Futures team and help us empower students for a successful future! Through highly creative and engaging storytelling, our Marketing Coordinator inspires audiences to get involved. Using a variety of media types and channels, from social media to good old-fashioned snail mail, this person builds awareness, participation, and support through captivating communications that tell our story and advance our mission. Your efforts will make an impact on our students!
The ideal candidate is an outstanding writer with familiarity of how to produce digital and print communications and engage audiences through social media. They realize that their work will significantly influence our success and works passionately to produce top-notch communications.
We are a nationally recognized and award-winning expert in empowering high school students to succeed. Through our evidence-based and structured Workforce Prep program, students throughout Metro Detroit are immersed in a four-year experiential curriculum that begins in tenth grade and continues through one year post high school. The program includes in-class mentoring, life skills development, goal setting, job readiness training, and career exploration. With help from volunteer mentors and the business community, students are transformed into self-reliant, employable, and productive adults with defined academic and career goals, and highly desirable workforce skills. Since 1994, we have positively impacted more than 49,000 students and awarded $1.9 million in scholarships. Learn more at WinningFutures.org or watch our 25th anniversary video.
Winning Futures is a great company to work for! We have team activities and lunches, celebrate birthdays and work anniversaries, only respond to emails/texts/calls in off-hours if there is a major issue, health benefits, paid holidays, open paid time off (details provided in job offer), and 401(K) with a match. One employee shared:
“The atmosphere and energy of the company is something that I love. The people I work with are great, and everyone is extremely dedicated to their work and the cause. It is a well-organized and managed nonprofit, which has been wonderful to work for.”
- Support our events, development, and program teams through planning and execution of related communications.
- Events: Corks & Forks fundraising gala, Golf Classic, and Awards Celebration.
- Development: Annual appeal fundraising solicitation, donor cultivation and stewardship strategies, and sponsorship solicitation communications.
- Programs: Workshops, trainings, and company tours.
- Create new and captivating content for our website, blog, social channels, and monthly e-communications.
- Develop and manage an annual e-communications plan for existing stakeholders that identifies segments, frequency, and content. Write and send out the communications.
- Manage our social channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Work with our website consultant to build and maintain our website.
- Develop and deploy analytic strategies and tools to monitor the effectiveness of digital communications. This includes Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics.
- Participate in the maintenance and upkeep of our CRM database.
- Participate in the development and execution of annual marketing and communication plans with special emphasis on new mentor recruitment.
- Serve as a brand, style, and message subject matter expert, reviewing communications for related compliance and providing constructive feedback to improve overall effectiveness.
- Develop content and specifications for the production of marketing collateral including flyers, banners, posters, online ads, and other assets, then coordinate the production of those assets with graphic designers, printers, and other vendors.
- Make graphic design updates to existing art files.
- Learn and update our ClickBid platform for event registrations and auction.
- Taking and editing photos and videos (will train).
- Other duties as needed.
Applicants Should Have These Qualities:
- ADOBE GRAPHICS: You have basic skills in Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator.
- CREATIVE: You think outside the box and like to brainstorm new ideas and processes.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: You obsess about customer service and making stakeholders feel valued.
- DETAIL: You understand that “the devil is in the details” and meticulously pay attention to detail.
- DIRECTION: You can take and follow direction, and when needed, give direction to others.
- DIVERSITY: You are committed to diversity and embrace a personal approach that values and respects differences in race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstances.
- EXCELLENCE: You are reliable and care about your work. You give 100% effort and strive to always do better.
- FUN: You know that it’s important to get your work done and meet your goals, but you also know how to have fun along the way.
- GOALS: You are a goal setter who eagerly works to accomplish them, completely and on time.
- INITIATIVE: When you see a problem, you solve it. When you see an opportunity, you go for it. You don’t wait for others or try to avoid responsibility. You take the lead and own your projects and tasks.
- LOYALTY: You show appropriate discretion around confidentiality, decisions are for the good of the organization and not the individual.
- MICROSOFT OFFICE: You have good experience and know how to use basic Microsoft applications, like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. It’s an added bonus if you know MS Planner and MS Forms.
- ORGANIZED: You keep yourself and your work organized.
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE: You focus on the positive and avoid the negative and present yourself as such.
- PROFESSIONALISM: You always demonstrate a very high professional demeanor, even under pressure.
- PROJECT MANAGER: You prioritize your work and can manage multiple projects at one time, completing your work on or before the deadline.
- QUESTIONS: You aren’t afraid to ask questions or be asked questions.
- RELATIONSHIP FOCUSED: You want camaraderie with your co-workers. You are pleasant and helpful with stakeholders and get along well with others.
- STUDENT FOCUSED: You are passionate about our mission and care about impacting our students.
- TEAMWORK: You jump in and help co-workers, give input without putting others down, and praise others.
- WRITING: Your writing skills are outstanding. With creativity and skill, you can tell a story that captivates the audience and moves them to support our mission.
Education and Experience:
Applicants should have at least an associate degree (or completed two years of college) and 2 years of experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or similar fields.
Submit your resume to [email protected]. In your email, please note your desired salary or range – be specific and do not say that you are “negotiable.” Put your full name in the email subject line. Click here for the online posting.
Send any questions you have to [email protected]. Do not directly contact staff members regarding this position.
*Winning Futures has developed and implemented a robust workplace policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, adhering to the CDC, and State and Federal guidelines. Included in this policy is the provision of personal protection equipment, touchless thermometers, capacity restrictions, and social distancing to ensure the safety and comfort of its staff and guests. Virtual meetings are utilized as much as possible with remote work options.
To apply for this job please visit winningfutures.org.