Lambert is a strategic communication, integrated marketing and investor relations firm providing national global clients with integrated solutions that drive consideration, change opinion, build awareness, and strengthen consumer loyalty and brand reputation. Headquartered in the Midwest, Lambert has offices in Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Lansing, Mich., New York, Phoenix and Houston. Lambert works with Fortune 100 corporations, public organizations, universities, professional associations, social impact groups, school districts, and publicly traded companies. Lambert employees are tenacious, clever, make big plays, work honorably, and are committed to and focused on team success. Our Automotive & Mobility Practice provides communications counsel and implementation to automotive manufacturers, component suppliers and service providers from all tiers of the supply chain, as well as some of the world’s leading aftermarket technology makers and system integrators.
Lambert seeks a proven PR agency leader capable of leading a diverse team across multiple accounts and offices. As a Senior Director in the Detroit office, you will bring your leadership and management skills to bear on a growing agency with regional, national and global accounts. The Senior Director is a key position within in the Detroit office and across the agency. You will report directly to the Managing Director/Head of Auto/Mobility. In addition to leading day-to-day account operations and managing senior staff, you will be responsible for organic growth of existing clients and acquisition of new ones. The successful candidate will have demonstrated results providing account integration and growth. Individuals with 10 or more years of agency experience leading account teams and driving new business growth will be most successful in this position. Preference will be given to candidates with 15 years or more career communications experience.
As a Senior Director, you will be entrusted to do the following:
- Direct account team leads. Manage multiple account directors; build and maintain executive-level client relationships; proactively problem solve account issues; deliver outstanding client service.
- Manage workflow and account budgets and billings. Administer staffing of accounts within budget parameters; oversee and approve client monthly billings; ensure appropriate tracking of agency work; ensure all work hours are tracked within the agency billing system; resolve billing issues.
- Provide strategic counsel to clients and ensure satisfaction through regular client-facing meeting and reports. Meet regularly with client contacts; ensure agency results are effectively reported to clients; identify opportunities to expand services to grow existing account retainers.
- Coach and develop account teams and direct reports. Hold regular one-on-one professional development meetings with direct reports and office staff; proactively address performance issues to ensure success and clarity of roles and expectations are met.
- Identify and develop new business growth opportunities. Work with Chief Growth Officer to identify new client opportunities; participate in new business pitches; leverage professional network; maintain and manage a pipeline of new business prospects and opportunities.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Proven record of high-level achievement
- Demonstrated ability managing account billings of $1 million or greater, across a diverse account base.
- Experience leveraging agency teams across multiple geographic offices
- Proactive problem solver
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Demonstrated ability to coach, develop and manage diverse teams.
Required education, certifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, public relations, communication, or related field
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in public relations or communication
- Previous leadership positions in a communications/PR agency
- Significant experience working in auto, mobility, manufacturing or engineering industries
- Manage a high performing team and have oversight of multiple client accounts
Benefits and Perks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) match and flex accounts
- Flexible work schedules and Summer Hours
- Profit sharing and bonus opportunities
- Professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
- PROI Exchange Program
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer – It is the policy of the company to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment, including in selection for job opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit lambert.applytojob.com.