Website Royal Oak, Michigan
Airfoil Group, a leading marketing communications firm, is looking for a senior media relations specialist to join our team, supporting automotive, mobility and technology accounts. This position plays a vital role providing critical counsel to clients regarding communications programs and tactics, while leading account teams in the execution and delivery of effective media relations programs. This individual will support the development of media relations strategy, messaging, and be responsible in working with the account team to deliver on media relations execution, story development and outreach, media relationship management, interview coaching and support, and program measurement and analysis.
In order to be successful in this role, an individual should have a deep knowledge of the media landscape and emerging trends, a creative and thoughtful approach to their work, and an enthusiasm to learn and experiment. Additionally, this individual should have a strong grasp of the role of public relations as a part of an integrated marketing communications program and demonstrate the ability to collaborate with other specialties toward a common goal.
- Confidently and credibly provide clients counsel on tactical media relations matters, linked to strategic plans and program goals/objectives
- Shape and generate positive and impactful storytelling and media coverage for clients
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships with key media across a variety of platforms, particularly automotive and technology media across trade, industry, business, consumer, and mainstream outlets
- Manage client news announcements including product/company lunches, mergers and acquisitions, executive transitions, etc.
- Drive sustained media coverage and storytelling for clients without hard news through executive thought leadership, publicity research and surveys, events, speaking and awards, etc.
- Support crisis communications and reputation management issues when necessary
- Prepare spokespeople for interviews through prep meetings and materials, staff and facilitate interviews; provide ongoing interview coaching to SMEs and executives.
- Design and manage measurement and reporting for public relations programs that demonstrate impact against program and business objectives.
- Provide leadership and support in developing and mentorship of junior staff careers and skills
- Manage multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to completion; Drive projects and client initiatives forward independently, providing progress to team(s) on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a concentration in public relations, marketing, communications, or journalism
- 6+ years of relevant experience in automotive public relations
- Automotive PR experience, OEM or Supplier experience preferred
Airfoil offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family. We also offer a traditional and Roth 401 (k) plan with a generous company match. We value a healthy work life balance and offer a flexible work schedule and remote working options. You will also have the opportunity to participate in professional development and personal development programs.
Commemorating 20 years as an independent agency, Airfoil Group is known as a marketing engine for launching businesses, brands, and products, particularly in the technology sector. Woman-owned and WBENC/SBA-certified, Airfoil is comprised of two integrated marketing-services firms: Airfoil Communications, which leverages third-party advocacy to build brand awareness and shift perception; and, Airfoil Digital, which specializes in user engagement and experience, demand generation, and digital marketing programs.
Airfoil has built a reputation for results and earned its placement on prestigious industry lists such as O’Dwyer’s “Top 50 Independent Public Relations Firms,” The Holmes Report “Top 12 Technology Firms,” Advertising Age “Best Places to Work,” PRNews’ “Small Agency of the Year,” PRSA’s “Silver Anvil Award of Excellence” and “Silver Anvil Award of Commendation,” and multiple Hermes Creative awards.
To apply for this job please visit airfoilgroup.com.