Detroit Regional Partnership
The Social Media & Marketing Specialist serves as support for the Vice President of Marketing. In this role, the specialist will have an opportunity to assist with high-level branding and marketing campaigns for the region. This is a contract virtual position and will transition to being onsite in our local downtown Detroit, MI office.
- Write content for LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter under the supervision of the VP of Marketing and Marketing Manager.
- Manage social media and digital communications calendar.
- Coordinate the creation of monthly newsletters, e-blasts and other communications.
- Graphic Design for social media, website, marketing collateral, email marketing, newsletters, etc.
- Assist with WordPress website updates and maintenance.
- Support the marketing team with planning, implementing and monitoring marketing campaigns.
- Produce marketing collateral such as advertisements, flyers, and brochures.
- Assist with planning and logistics for marketing events
- Provide administrative and project support for marketing programs.
- Perform market and client research as requested.
- File management of assets such as logos, and stock images, and partner files.
Technical Skills and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years professional marketing or communications experience preferred.
- Extensive coursework or equivalent professional experience in marketing writing, social messaging, content development and graphic design required.
- High level attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Deep knowledge of social media and digital communications tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Player with top-notch people skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and In-Design (or other desktop publishing software). Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Analytics and Google Ads, Social Media Platforms.
- Photography and/or videography skills a plus.
- Experience with nonprofits or economic development organizations is a plus.
This role is temporarily remote due to COVID-19 but will transition to being onsite at our local office in downtown Detroit, MI. Please apply with an up-to-date resume, cover letter and examples of work. Please note: this contract full-time position will last 4-5 months and has no health benefits.
We cannot sponsor H1B Visas at this time and are unable to work with third party vendors/recruiters. Relocation assistance is not provided. Local residents are preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.